Ok ladies, it’s time to grab your mothers, aunts, sisters, daughters, or friends, and make sure that they are up to date on their breast cancer screenings. Heck, go with them to their appointments for support if you have to!
Make sure that you and your loved ones are also performing your self-breast exams monthly. If you are unsure of how to perform this please see the link below.
https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-self-examContact your physician or other advanced practiced providers immediately if you notice any irregularities or have any of the following symptoms:
- lump or swelling in the breast or axilla area
- change in color, shape, or texture of the breast or nipple
- discharge from the nipple (that is not breast milk)
- peeling/flaking of the nipple skin
- breast/nipple pain
- nipple retraction (turning inward of the breast)
Remember early detection saves lives! We take care of everyone else, so let’s make sure that we take care of ourselves as well!